Saturday, May 4, 2013

Resolution: Go to Art Museums!

 A year ago, I resolved to go to more Art Museums. For a while I did go, but lately I count that it's only twice a year. But I live in the middle of Los Angeles, with easy access on weekends, when the traffic is clear, to The Getty, LACMA, The Norton Simon, so many more! And the first weekend of every month, some of them are free with a Bank of America card. But still I get too busy to go.



So--Today I walked across the street to  LACMA, (walking through a dog adoption festival in front of the La Brea Tar Pits, with so many cute dogs), and into the Japanese Pavillion to see the traveling exhibition of Hokusai prints from Japan. We know the image of the Great Wave by Hokusai, but to see it in person is a different experience. It's smaller than I thought it would be and more beautiful. The artist had many other prints that were touching and charming as well. Why do I so often forget to include art museums on my list of weekend chores?
I go to a fair amount of live theater, and sometime music, such as the LA Master Chorale, occasionally the LA Symphony, but rarely if ever do I see live dance,  never opera.

But my cousin and I want to go to see a Monster Truck rally and a colleague has invited me to see a boxing match and a mariachi festival.
Would you call those culture or sub-culture? 

The point is: Let's all get out more. If we're going to live a a large city like L.A!
Great Wave


No comments:

Post a Comment